“Drawbridges of St. Petersburg”
- Night Boat Tour.
- Itinerary: the Fontanka River – the Big Neva River (the tour to the Bronze Horesman, the famous monument to Peter the Great, and turn towards the Trinity (Troitsky) and Palace (Dvortsovy) Bridges) – the Fontanka River
- Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes – 1 hour 50 minutes
Among the first things associated with St. Petersburg are its drawbridges. Multi-ton structures, street lamps reflected on the smooth water surface, glittering embankments and fronts of houses. Everything around seems to be stockstill under the spell of the night city.
In the moonlight St. Petersburg magically changes, and you will see that during this tour. Just imagine that hundreds of motor ships, yachts and boats meet near the Palace bridge to show themselves in all their splendor. In addition, in May the Palace Embankment becomes the stage for unique sound show called “Singing Bridges”. The bridges are decorated with lights, and and the air is awash in beautiful sounds of music of the Russian composers who who lived and worked in St. Petersburg. The show takes place from May to September. As a rule, the show opens with a solemn ceremony that attracts people from different countries and parts of Russia.
Another apparent association with St. Petersburg is the White Nights. This unique natural phenomenon begins at the end of may and lasts usually until the beginning of July. This is the time when any borders between night and day become blurred. To see the opening of the drawbridges standing on board a motor ship during unforgettable white night is an ideal solution for people who intend to go to St. Petersburg at this time.
The major attractions that you can see are: the Bolshoi Drama Theatre named after G. A. Tovstonogov, “twin-houses” on the Fontanka, the Lomonosov Bridge, rental house of Count M.P. Tolstoy, the Anichkov Palace, the Anichkov Bridge, the Palace of the family Beloselsky-Belozersky, the Bolshoi St Petersburg State Circus, the Sheremetievs’ Palace (known as “the Fountain House”), the Summer Garden, the Mikhailovsky Castle, the bronze statue of Chizhik-Pyzhik, the Peter and Paul Fortress, the Hermitage (Winter Palace), the Kunstkamera Museum (cabinet of curiosities), the Admiralty, the Saint Isaac’s Cathedral, and opening of the Palace and the Trinity Bridges.
Useful information for passengers:
- Maybe you better check with the schedule of tours by visiting the web-site or by calling at +7 (921) 914 – 05 – 56.
- You should be at the boarding terminal at least 15 minutes before the departure time:
- The company reserves the right to change the itinerary if it is dictated by force majeure (water level rise, repair works, etc.).
- Passengers under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances are not allowed to board;
- The tickets are not seat-dependent, so you can take any seat you like.
- Boarding terminal address: Embankment of the Fontanka River, 71